Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Poetry Illustrations - Be Glad Your Nose...


Today I would like to show you some work I did for an educational reader published by Scholastic Canada. I was asked to illustrate a poem by Jack Prelutsky titled Be Glad Your Nose is on Your Face and I have to say I had some fun with this one.




The interesting thing about working on these was how odd is was to draw a face without a nose, even in a more stylistic approach. That, and noses look funny anywhere other than on a face.

It's sunny here in Toronto and I am starting to realize how much I missed the smell of mud and earth.
Time to open a window or three.
Cheers
-Gavin 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, May I use these , with credit to you of course, for my second grade class?
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool. I'm using the words in a song for teaching piano to kindergarten kids. I credited you with your picture on the handout. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete